Sunday, November 29, 2009
Anti-Racism: The primary reason why the West persists in whitewashing the problem of Islam
The ingredients of the primary reason:
1) Muslims are perceived to be an ethnic people—or more specifically, a collection of ethnic peoples.
2) “ethnic” of course denotes non-white and/or non-Westerner.
3) This perception is eminently, albeit simplistically, common-sensical, seeing that whenever one looks at Muslims, 98% of the time one is looking at someone who looks “ethnic”.
4) There is a worldview that has become dominant and mainstream throughout the West—the PC MC paradigm.
5) According to this PC MC paradigm, only white Westerners are capable of systemic wrongs and even systemic evils: "ethnic" peoples are exempt. Furthermore, according to this paradigm, white Westerners are ever prone toward systemic wrongs, and even systemic evils, against “ethnic” peoples, and one of the slippery slopes that leads white Westerners to slide perilously toward such evils begins with thought and speech—specifically, with bigotry and prejudice. Thus the PC MC paradigm is wired to be forever vigilant against what it perceives to be racism: its main preoccupation—even obsession—is thus Anti-Racism. Tragically, the “racism” it is pledged to combat is too often an irrationally excessive exaggeration, if not a twisted perversion, of real racism—principally because it locates all predispositions toward systemic racism in white Westerners while at the same time it essentially exempts all ethnic peoples from any such predispositions.
6) Muslims post-9/11 have become the most privileged of all perceived ethnic peoples—mainly due to their predisposition toward violence, whether threatened, plotted or successfully carried out, in symbiosis, of course, with our fear of that violence. By a perversely paradoxical dynamic in the PC MC paradigm, an ethnic people becomes more privileged the less they deserve it. (Thus blacks—by virtue of the high degree of crime and general belligerence against whites which they commit—remain at the #2 spot of privilege, just below Muslims.)
This perversely paradoxical dynamic is logical, even if it is grotesquely irrational: When any data threatens to undermine the primary predisposition to accord any ethnic people with extraordinary deference, respect and privilege, that data is suppressed internally by PC MC whites through psychological mechanisms and externally through institutional means. Thus, it is logical that the more force that data exerts, the more the measures of suppression on the part of white PC MCs will kick in—and the most damning force such data can possibly have is when the ethnic people in question themselves exhibit behaviors that reinforce that data. Since Muslims by far exhibit more such damning behaviors than blacks, and furthermore are perceived even through the addled haze of the PC MC brain to be beholden to a blueprint for organized supremacist expansionism unlike blacks whose pathologies continue to seem (except perhaps for a brief period of Black Panthers influence in the 1960s and 70s) disorganized and centrifugal, Muslims have elbowed their way into the #1 spot.
7) Any criticism of Islam, and of Muslims, that goes beyond a very delicate, gingerly minimum, thus, begins to be feared to be slipping into bigotry and prejudice—and from there, we will be slip-sliding down the slippery slope toward rounding up all those “ethnic” peoples, putting them in camps, and inexorably cleansing them, if not trying to exterminate them. So, to prevent another Holocaust—this time against the New Blacks and the New Jews, the new most privileged, most vulnerable and most endangered Ethnic People of all, the Muslims—we must stop ourselves at the beginning of that slippery slope: at how we think, and what we say.
8) The power of PC MC is that it is not so much an external imposition of “correct” thought and "correct" speech, imposed by some cabal of "Elites" upon ordinary yet strangely hapless Western people, as is the case in totalitarian systems: it is voluntary. Millions of Westerners have become internally affected with PC MC and as a consequence impose these inhibitions on their thought and on their speech themselves, voluntarily, willingly, and in one degree or another really feel them to be right (though not at times without some semi-conscious misgivings).
What remains a head-scratching wonder is why reasonably intelligent (not to mention a few extraordinarily intelligent) people in the still inchoate anti-Islam movement continue to scratch their heads in wonder and ask why, why, why is the West persisting in its irrational stance vis-à-vis Islam. Or worse yet, we see disturbing signs among some, perhaps too many, in the still inchoate anti-Islam movement to proffer all-too-easy conspiracy-theory type answers to fill in the vacuum left by their strange inability to notice the primary reason.