Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Perpendicular Pooping

When Muslims go to the bathroom to do #2 (pooping), they are not permitted to face Mecca—nor, however, are they permitted to face away from Mecca. They must poop perpendicularly relative to the direction of Mecca (in Arabic, denoted by the term quibla).

From a hadith in the collection of Bukhari, the most authoritative collection of hadiths in Islam:

The Prophet said, “While defecating, neither face nor turn your back to the Qibla but face either east or west.” Abu Aiyub added: “When we arrived in Sham we came across some lavatories facing the Qibla; therefore we turned ourselves while using them and asked for Allah's forgiveness.”

Volume 1, Book 8, Number 388)


First off, I'm surprised Mohammed didn't also include pissing, but only specified defecation.

At any rate, this Islamic rule about defecation is only one of literally thousands of similarly barmy rules which Muslims must follow simply because they believe that Mohammed told them to, and this is because they believe he was the unique and final messenger from God, and the most perfect human in all history, and an excellent model to emulate. All his sayings of Do
s and Donts are preserved in the hadiths and comprise the heart of the Sunna, which over 85% of Muslims (Sunni Muslims) worldwide follow. (The other approximately 15% of Muslims, Shia Muslims, follow some of the Sunna, but also have their own set of deranged rules which they follow slavishly, based on the Koran and upon what they think Mohammed told them.)

The obsessively meticulous fanaticism and cultish insanity reflected by rules like this, followed slavishly and zealously by hundreds of millions of Muslims around the world, is directly related to the reason why Muslims want to attack us in order to subjugate us, and to kill as many of us who resist their domination as they can.

I suppose it is conceivable that there could exist a mass cult that had a subculture based upon a mass psychosis of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, but whose members otherwise remained non-violent. About that hypothetical mass cult, I would have no problems allowing them in my society, since they would not be trying to harm anyone physically. As long as you're not hurting anyone, you can have a lifestyle and a worldview as nutty as you please.

But the nuttiness of the Muslim worldview is directly related to a detailed and fanatical resolve to do violence against others in pursuit of their intolerant, expansionist and supremacist goal of imposing their nuttiness on the whole world, by hook or by crook, and to keep trying for as long as it takes, no matter how many centuries that might entail.

And that cannot be tolerated. And members who belong to such a mass cult simply must not be allowed to exist within societies that believe in freedom and equality, as does the entire modern West.

No comments: