Tuesday, June 12, 2012














I wonder why my comment is still "awaiting moderation" over 36 hours after I posted it on Debbie Schlussel's blog.

My comment was merely making note of an important factor in the discussion of the question of Poland's culpability with regard to the Jews mass-murdered on its soil during WW2.  I had posted my comment on Schlussel's blog under her story about the ugly reaction of some Poles to her implication (I'm still not sure exactly what she is supposed to have implied) about Poland's complicity with the German Nazis. 

I just now tested the comments there and posted a comment asking Ms. Schlussel why my comment was "awaiting moderation" -- and I also posted a comment under another name using another computer and different ISP -- and both comments appeared just fine within 60 seconds.  There have also been published several other comments by others in the meantime.

I would respectfully challenge anyone to find fault with what I posted there -- far less egregious an insult to our Western intelligence than many other posts (on both sides of the issue) which she allowed to be published on that gargantuan comments thread, now burgeoning at over 550 comments.  

Here's my comment:

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

The last busy poster seems to be forgetting that the Nazi Germans brutally conquered Poland and brutally occupied Poland thereafter. This would seem to lend credence to the theory that a minority of Poles at best were in collusion with the Nazis.

Hesperado on June 11, 2012 at 1:34 am

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oops... I now see that the comment is actually posted verbatim at the end of this blog post here ("The last busy poster ... with the Nazis."), so my theory is not likely to be correct.

Anonymous said...

It seems the new comment system on this blog is seriously f***ed up, as I initially posted a comment suggesting that the comment awaiting moderation on Schlussel's blog was automatically placed in moderation queue due to it perhaps containing several links, and then I noticed that the actual comment (which contrary to my assumption didn't contain any links) was included in this blog article, so I wrote a follow-up comment that seemed to overwrite my initial comment, rendering that comment meaningless.

Or perhaps I'm just computer illiterate.

Hesperado said...

Thanks -- I got the gist of your message. As you figured out, my comment on Schlussel's blog was very brief and simple. Plus, I posted 36 hours later a question to her asking why my comment was still "awaiting moderation". That was nearly 24 hours ago. Still no word from her. If she did censor my comment, it must have hit home more trenchantly, perhaps, than far more frontally aggressive comments that were in fact published against her.